Burien Washington

Go To Search


Show All Answers

1. How long will it take to get a permit?
2. During what hours is construction noise allowed in the City of Burien?
3. How do I request an inspection?
4. When can I expect an inspection?
5. Where can I find the status of my plan review, permit, or inspection results?
6. Does the City of Burien require insulation and drywall inspections?
7. What is the difference between the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC)?
8. What are the Building Codes used in the City of Burien?
9. What are the Climatic & Geographic Design Criteria, IRC Table R301.2 (1), for the International Residential Code (IRC) in Burien?
10. What are the IBC design criteria?
11. I plan to add some electrical circuits to my existing house wiring. Do I need an electrical permit?
12. Does Burien have electrical service undergrounding requirements?
13. My furnace failed and since it was a Saturday, I bought a new one exactly like the old one and installed it myself. The weather was cold and my family needed heat. Am I going to be fined for install
14. I bought a new water heater at a local hardware store. Is installing a water heater considered to be a minor repair?
15. The trap on my kitchen sink is leaking. Do I need to get a permit to repair or replace it?
16. I am replacing the existing toilet in my bathroom. Do I need to get a permit?
17. Do I need a permit to replace an existing sink in my kitchen with a new sink?
18. Do I need a permit to relocate plumbing fixtures from one area to another?
19. Are Fire Sprinklers required to be installed in a Single Family Residences?
20. Are Fire Sprinklers required to be installed in Townhomes?

400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300  /  Burien, WA 98166  /  Ph: (206) 241-4647  /  Fax: (206) 248-5539
Home  /  Contact Us  /  Sitemap  /  Translate Spanish  /  Accessibility  /  City Facilities  /  Copyright  /  Powered by CivicPlus
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm