Strategic Plan 2017-2020
Documentos en español
You are here:
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Human Services Commission Application
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Applications for the Human Services Commission (HSC) are due by July 31, 2017. You may print this form by clicking on the printer icon in the right hand corner of this page.
The HSC is an advisory body to the City Council responsible for providing recommendations and advisory input to the Council. Meeting schedule and frequency will be finalized by the Commission, but as a guideline, meetings will not be more frequent than monthly, and will not take place in July and December.
If you have questions about the Commission before applying, please contact City staff: Lori Fleming 206-248-5518.
Applicants with backgrounds matching the work of the Commission will be invited to interview with the City Council on Monday, August 21, 2017 from 5:30-7:00 pm. Please note, this date may change. If you have been selected for an interview, a member of City staff will contact you with information about the interview date, time, and format, and will answer any questions you may have. Thank you for applying to the Human Services Commission.
Best phone number to reach you at:
1. Why are you interested in serving on this Commission?
2. Please detail how your experience and knowledge will contribute to the Human Services Commission.
3. What special skills and/or expertise do you have that is relevant to the work of the Human Services Commission?
4. Is there a particular human services issue that interests you most (i.e. homelessness, food banks, mental health, etc.)?
5. What is your vision for human services in Burien?
6. If you were appointed to the Human Services Commission, do you see the potential for a conflict of interest claim based on any personal interest you may have? (Please note that if you are a Board Member or employee of a human services agency receiving City human services funding or an employee of the City of Burien, you are not eligible to be on the Commission.)
7. In our City, Commissioners and Advisory Board members do not have the authority from City Council to speak for the City in any written or oral communications. Using your title as a Human Services Commissioner, your communications may create the perception that you are speaking for the City. Do you understand and agree that if you do, you may be asked to leave your position?
8. Educational/Occupational Background:
Please select any days of the week you are available for daytime meetings.
Please indicate your availability for evening meetings. Meetings take place on weekdays only, and are typically scheduled for 6:30 or 7:00 pm.
Please submit a current resume:
Are you a Burien Resident?
Leave This Blank:
Receive email copy
This field is not part of the form submission.
Submit and Print
* indicates a required field
Hi, I'm KAM. Click me to edit.
400 SW 152nd St, Suite 300
Burien, WA 98166
Ph: (206) 241-4647
Fax: (206) 248-5539
City Hall Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm